Monday, March 21, 2011

Inspiration Redux


Week 6: With clearance from my Dr. on Thursday (with a cautionary "take it slow" reminder), I'm ready to rock and roll. I've been doing intervals for the last 3 days in a row, for an hour each time, pressing it and pushing myself harder than I ever think I can - and even surprising myself.

But today, I heard a quote that really hit home for me as I finish up this last week - "it's not how you start, it's how you finish." And while all my efforts in the last week of this thing may not show up on the scale, I'm not discouraged. So long as I finish stronger than I began, it's good enough for me. This isn't about 6 weeks, it's about a lifetime and I'm in it for the longhaul, but this last week, I will most definitely finish stronger than I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment