Tuesday, February 22, 2011


2011 is the year I will take care of me at least as much as my children and husband (making realistic goals - I will never be able to consistently put myself ahead of them).

The past year has been a major roller coaster and the one thing that was completely derailed was my determination to take care of me. I had lost a lot of weight and got in great shape before the wedding and for the first time in a long time, felt really good about myself. Then with getting pregnant and all of the complications and scares we went through, I completely stopped everything exercise related. When Nicolas was born so early I justified my poor eating habits because a drive-thru and eating in the car on the way to and from the NICU meant that much more time spent with the baby. After he came home, it was just easier and well, I gave up.

But I won't this time. I KNOW I can do it. I have done it before and having a team to support me is going to make all the difference in the world. My weakness is the excercise, I'll admit it, I don't like to do it. What does make it easier is going with someone and I am so greateful to have others in the same boat who will kick my a** to make sure I work out.

I did well last week, but am goign to seriously step it up this week on the exercise, starting today with lunch hour in the gym!

My motivator is our honeymoon, which we are finally getting to take in June. I just want to be able to fit in the clothes I boought for it in 2009, especially the adorable 50's style dress that I wore to our rehearsal dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment