Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 1 for Mrs. Newton: I'm f*#&%ing hungry!




Well, I think my Week 1 could pretty much be described in three words - I'm f*#%ing hungry! - as this was said to pretty much anyone I came in contact with. :) I guess going from an unlimited amount of calories and eating whatever I want whenever I want, to a lot of restriction can make me a bit cranky! But, it will all be worth it!


I got a bit of a late start this week as I weighed in on Monday and officially started on Tuesday. At weigh in, I was already regretting the last hoorah I had with food over the weekend. (Damn you Rocky Road ice creamed sundae with marshmallow topping!) As in true Global Marketing Team fashion, we entered this contest with the mind set of winning it. So, this week I started a food journal (LOVE myfitnesspal.com), worked out every day but one, started this blog, started eating every 2-3 hours, incorporated protein in to all my meals and did a grocery store tour with the group that really opened my eyes to healthy eating.


I weighed in today and had lost 1.5 pounds and 2 inches on my waist. This is great, but if you read I'mWothIt's post, you will see this is just not up to par. I've got to step up my game - for my teammates and for ME! Nik told us that "Strategy always trumps willpower." I love this quote and it really resonated with me. So, this week, I'm getting my strategy in place. Because if there is one thing I know about myself, I can not function without organization and a plan.


Also, since I'm trying to make this a total makeover - mind, body and soul - I'm also merging it with Dr. Murad's Inclusive Health plan which focuses on topical, internal and emotional strategies. With that in mind, here are my Week 2 Goals:


  • Create a food and exercise strategy - calendar it out
  • Create my "Motivation/Inspiration List" and put it EVERYWHERE!
  • Try out getting a spray tan - it will make me feel thinner
  • Get on a consistent sleep schedule - In bed by 10 PM, sleeping before 11 PM, wake at 6:30 AM
  • Give up sweets 6 days a week (even God rested on Sunday!)
  • Book my 10-year wedding anniversary trip to St. Lucia - the uniform of bathing suits will help me get more motivated!
My goal this week is to beat my weight loss last week. Wish me luck!

1 comment: