Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Passion for Fashion


My excess weight has never stopped me from pursuing my goals or trying new things. And although I have my insecurities, my parents instilled in me a confidence that has carried me through life, with both challenges and celebrations, with my head held high.

But my excess weight has been a huge road block for one thing I am passionate about…

Fashion.

I HATE that I can’t walk into every single store in a mall or shopping center and find things that I love AND I will look good in. And I’m not talking Parisian couture. In fact, I am a very casual person, preferring jeans and tops over fancy dresses. But unfortunately, the fashion world sees women in very segmented pieces and create garments that women with bellies, larger thighs or hips have to hide behind. And I don’t want to hide who I am!

So, when presented with the opportunity to join the Muraculous 5 to lose inches and get in better shape, I jumped at the chance. My weight has been a yo-yo since college and being that I’m turning 28 in May and getting married in 2012, it’s time to nip the back and forth with the scale in the bud for good. I’m too young and too able to make excuses anymore and appreciated that I will have a team behind me to push me to meet my goals.

Finishing week one with a four pound weight loss is inspiring and makes me motivated to see what I will look like (and feel like!) in week six. Although I have been transofrming my diet for months, the new nutrition plan has had give up a few things I love (Skinny Cow ice cream, Trader Joe's bananna chips) but I've discovered a new love for butternut squash and brussel sprouts. Who knew you could change so quickly!

PS- This isn’t just for vanity for me either. My fiancĂ© and I both want to make lifestyle changes so that when we have kids, our son or daughter will get the healthiest, most energetic parents possible. But in cute clothes of course.

1 comment: