Monday, February 21, 2011

I want to be fit and fabulous in my 40’s well starting with 43!!!


Introduction to I’m Worth It:

My screen name says it all. I’m Worth It!!!!! This year I want it to be about me. I am married to a wonderful husband and we have a terrific 8 year old son. I usually put my needs last. I need to remember that the most important person is me. If I’m not happy than those around me are not happy.

This time my mind is made up. I am going to do this for the long haul and change my habits. While I want to win the money more importantly I want to win my life back. I have been overweight most of my adult life. Well that least that is what I would say to myself. I’ve had a self esteem issue. Even when I wasn’t overweight I felt like I was. I know I will never be a size 2 but I want to look and feel good. Its hard living in a society of size 2’s and feeling like my 6 or 8 was fat. How crazy is that. I would love to be a size 6 or 8!

I have basically tried all the diets out there. I realized I have to think of it as a way of living not a diet. Diets are short term and I need to change my habits for the long term. The breaking point for me was when I stepped on the scale and I weighted more now than when I was 9 months pregnant. That’s when I said enough is enough.

My family has been wanting to go to Hawaii and I’ve not wanted to go because I don’t look good in a bathing suit. I want to go to the pool in a bathing suit and feel good. Not show up in a tee shirt and shorts. My goal is to get into a bikini and feel good about the way I look. Look out Hawaii here I come in 2012.

In the past I’ve focused on the big picture of how any pounds I want to lose but this time I’m doing baby steps. Ten pounds at a time.

I want to be fit and fabulous in my 40’s well starting with 43!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment