Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Fitness Epidemic


I've always been an "active" person- I love to play the Wii and Xbox as these are more active video games, and I also sing and dance all around my house, to the point that even doing the dishes becomes a mix of "So You Think You Cna Dance" and "American Idol" (Sorry neighbors!)

But even with all of my energy and activity, I've never been a full-fleged exerciser. Sure, I take classes a few times a week, feeling like my Zumba and TurboKick are making me stronger. Yet through this competition, I have awoken muscles that havent been moved in a LONG time. And I am feeling it!

As a part of the IH box, Dr. Murad says to start enjoying exercise. And although my body is hating the ropes and hundreds of lunges I do during my new classes, my mind is actually liking it. I like sweating and moving and the constant changeup of exercises. It keeps me on my toes.

Because I have seen great results in such a short amount of time, I have actually inspired my fiance and family members to start the same program with me- like they say, it only takes one person to start a revolution. And our fitness revolution is going to make so many more people healthier and happier!

For Week 3, I want to push myself harder, taking in more classes and additional strength training. I've been doing the minimum amount fo classes thus far so who knows what can happen when I give it that extra little step!

No comments:

Post a Comment