Friday, March 25, 2011

Hilary-I’m Worth It-Final Post before we win!!!


As you know I was the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. I weighed more than when I was 9 months pregnant and I didn’t want to put my head in the sand anymore. I was at a point in my life were I need to choose a path. My choices were to continue down the path I was heading which was unhealthy and unfit. The future was close on getting diabetes and high blood pressure. Or to chose a different path and to get fit and fabulous in my 40’s. I choose the later.

Obviously this weigh gain wasn’t put on overnight. I’ve basically tried every diet out there. Which in the end I gained more back than I lost and messed up my metabolism along the way. I was trying to do this with no exercise. Well I’ve learned that is not possible for long term weight loss and happiness.

My motivations are:

1. Live a long and healthy life. I’m doing this for my son and husband but ultimately I’m doing it for me because I’m worth it!
2. Look hot in a sexy black dress.
3. Run a 5k this year, a 10k next year and then who knows.
4. Look and feel wonderful in a bathing suit.
5. Family trip to Hawaii in 2012.

I’ve learned life changing habits:

1. Eating right and journaling everything no matter what. It keeps me accountable.
2. Eating protein at every meal and eating every 3 hours.
3. Exercising and not just the same thing day in and day out. Interval training and weight lifting is the key to success.
4. It is ok to mess up. Just get right back on. We are human and life is not perfection.
5. I am an emotional eater and the first step to success is to know what my triggers are and I’m on my way.
6. Love myself. Most importantly love myself for who I am. And not to beat myself up for mistakes that I’ve made along the way.

I started this contest wearing size 16 jeans and now I wear size 10 jeans. I’ve gone down 3 sizes. I’ve lost 16 pounds. And I’m also down 7 inches. All in 6 weeks!!!! And this is just the beginning.

I want to thank my teammates as without them I might have lost my motivation along the way. They have been my anchors. They have inspired and motivated me along the way. They were there when I needed a shoulder to cry on and believe me I cried. We have become such a close group. I’ve learned so much about my teammates over the last 6 weeks. This is a bond that we will share for a lifetime. They are an incredible group of ladies.

I want to thank Nik for this contest. While winning the money would be nice I wanted to start this contest to get my life back. It was the jump start that I needed and thank you so much. I’ve learned so much from you and will continue doing what you have taught me.

Most importantly I want to thank my husband and son. Without their support this wouldn’t have been possible. I love you so much!

This is the start of my journey. One chapter is closing but a new one is just beginning.

I’m Worth It and I WILL be fit and fabulous at 43!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment