Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 5 of the Challenge for I’m Worth It

My mind was ready to give it my all last week but my body wasn't. So I'm ready for a new week. Last week wasn’t what I wanted but my health was more important. I came down with bronchitis and had an ear infection in both ears. Yuck!!

So while being sick I didn’t get to workout for a week. But I had a breakthrough, a paradigm shift of the mind this week. I actually missed exercising and I’ve never said that before in my life. Exercise gives me more energy and overall just makes me feel great.

Good news to share. I went down 2 jean sizes. I was the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I'm embarrassed to say but I wore a size 16 but now I'm wearing a size 12 and I'm never going back to size 16 again!!!! Ever.

Over the past 5 weeks I have learned a lot about myself and have formed new habits that I will continue with even after the contest ends. So a new journey is beginning. I am going to get fit and run my 5k in July. And then my goal is a 10k after that. And then who knows…

Thank you Nik and my teammates. You have pushed and inspired me. You were my shoulder to cry on when I needed it. And did I need it.

So even though it is cold and rainy out get out, my goal is to exercise 5 days this week. And when we weigh in on Saturday to have lost more weigh and inches. This is the week to give it my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment